I’m participating in a “blog hop” of BMWs–Baptist Missionary Women, hosted by the blog for which I contribute my Missional Monday’s musings. We’re writing five fun or interesting facts about ourselves, and if you follow the links at the end of each post, you will get to hop around to several expat missionary women’s blogs. Many give interesting personal pictures of ministry, culture, and homeschooling around the world. Check them out, and you may find a thoughtful writer who challenges and blesses you.
Since most of my readers know me, I’ll try to think of five unique things:
- I’m the baby of four girls and always thought I would not make a good “boy mom.” (I now have three boys.)
- I wanted to be a missionary’s wife but always added the mental parenthetical disclaimer, “Just not in Africa!” (I wanted to go somewhere cold, not hot and buggy.)
- I bought my wedding dress at a thrift store for under $100 (three years before I was married!)
- When I had my fingerprints taken in order to renew my visa for South Africa, they said my prints were quite worn down and might be rejected by the FBI. Interesting. Why would my prints be worn down–all those years of playing the piano?
- I finally learned how to pump gas this last January 2015 at age 32.
It’s my privilege to introduce another contributor to the BMW blog, always a thought-provoking, humorous writer, Charity. I’m guessing she’ll come up with some really fun 5 facts about herself. Hop over to Road Schooling to check out life in Asia!
You picked some really great facts, Amy! Loved it! My wedding dress was my mother-in-laws. She was a little shorter than me, so it needed some alterations, but it was neat getting to wear the heirloom. 🙂
I bought my wedding dress and a bridal shop that was going out of business for $200! It was nice to get to know you a little better! Thanks for joining in the blog hop! Praying for you. ❤
Enjoyed your post! I’m glad you participated in the blog hop.
(I borrowed my wedding dress from a friend.)
So glad you participated! I always enjoy reading your blog. I have to admit I paid full price for my wedding dress… I knew it was “the one” as soon as I saw it!
I bought my wedding dress for 70$ It was a prom dress that I got in a June after sale. 🙂
You have some interesting facts…my fingerprints were worn, too, but my dh thought it was from all the years of washing my hands. 🙂 As the oldest of 4 girls (and a ‘baby’ boy, I was not sure I would be a good ‘boy’ mom, either, and God gave me 7! 😉 Thanks for sharing your post. 🙂
Your kiddos are aborable! We are taking a furlough in June. Back to the land of pumping-your-own-gas = terrifying.
Hi Amy. I’m a PW from Temple, GA. How did you get away with all those of years of no gas pumping? LOL Thanks for sharing a little about yourself and for your service to the Lord.
Pingback: Getting to Know You… | Coffee With Sprinkles